Hello world! My dear friend Lori over at Marvin’s Daughter nominated me for The Liebster Award. I am proud to honor the spirit of this “Pay It Forward” accolade. Blogger awards are such a great way to learn more about your fellow bloggers so I knew I wanted to participate. With that being said it also comes with a great sense of responsibility. The pressure to create a post worthy of the nomination can lead you to question everything! Which in turn leads me to wonder, “How many questions this post will have in it?” Hum….
WTH is a Liebster Award?
Short version: There is no short version. If you Google: The Liebster Award you will go into the Liebster Abyss! Which is not really a bad thing. I have found many fun, interesting and enlightening sites since I have had this honor bestowed on me.
Sopphey’s version: Sopphey is a blogger who has been nominated several times for this award and dedicated time to doing a diligent search on the subject.
Here are the rules:
- Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
- Answer the questions that the tagger set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you’ve tagged to answer.
- Choose 3 new nominees and link them in your post.
- Go to their page and tell them.
No tag backs!
1. What is your most favorite and least favorite part of the blogging experience?
- My favorite part about blogging is sharing and being able to network with people in other parts of the world. It allows me the ability to learn new techniques, communicate ideas and share experiences. My least favorite part is editing pictures because it is very time consuming. I think one of the biggest misconceptions about blogging is it is not really work. It takes time to create an interesting blog and it is important to have pictures and topics that are relevant.
2. What inspired you to start blogging?
- I first saw Tory Johnson’s Small Business segments on Good Morning America in 2009-2010. I was looking for creative ways to bring in other income during a struggling economy. Tory’s segments were the catalyst for me to research and develop the things I was already good at.
3. What kind of camera do you use?
- I am currently using my iPhone 4GS. That probably also explains why I don’t care for editing pictures. I am dying to buy a new camera. Does anyone have suggestions on a good camera that is moderately priced?
4. Do you have a favorite photo editing program?
PicMonkey is an online photo editing site I use currently. I love that is online and I can access it from anywhere! I have used a few other photo editing programs including PhotoShop. I really need to take a full semester or two on how to properly use PhotoShop.
5. What draws you to check out a blog? The photos? The writing content? Crafting style?
- I believe that content, photography and graphics are all very important. I use the internet daily to research new ideas, techniques, blogging tips, computer troubleshooting advise; you name it. I find that I tend to gravitate towards quick, to-the-point information with good visual aids.
6. What book, magazine and/or newspaper are you currently reading?
- I love to read but find it hard to sit down to do just that. I love to listen to books on tape because it allows me to work on my crafts at the same time. One of my favorite authors is: Adriana Trigiani
7. If I gave you $50,000 what would you do with it? (my
husband wants me to make it perfectly clear that we are not giving
anyone, anywhere $50,000…..geeze I didn’t know he would read this!!!)
8. If I bought you a brand new car what kind would you want? (OK that question was just to irk my hubby)
- A Mustang Convertible (Thanks Buddy!)
- Ironman 3 It’s amazing how Robert Downey Jr. can make a tin man sexy!
10. If I made dinner for you, what would you like me to make?
11. In the future would you do a guest post on my blog?
Below is the list of my nominees. They are up and coming bloggers that I would like to bestow The Liebster Award, in hopes that they too will pay it forward. It is hard to know whether or not your nominees fit all of the criteria, so therefore I might be bending the rules a bit for my nominations. I think the object of this exercise is to get out there and socialize! Tag, your it!!!
- Stiletto_J:http://capetownstilettoadventures.com This website is trending and I like her style!
A blog about living, laughing, loving and surviving the madness in a
large blended family. Lucky for me I randomly happened upon this site.
It is refreshingly different from the sites I usually visit because I am usually
looking up a DIY. I hope the family chooses to play along 🙂
- 3Embellishing Chicks:http://3embellishingchicks.blogspot.com A brand new website/blog! I can’t wait to see what the 3 Chicks is all about!
Please visit all
three of my nominees and leave them a comment. Don’t forget to sign up
and follow them on their blogging adventures too. Make some time to
visit Lori, who nominated me, over at Marvin’s Daughter. I love Lori’s style! I particularly admire her eye for color and the ways she pays attention to the little details that makes her house a home.
Here are my 11 random questions for my nominees.
- What goals do you have for 2013-2014
- What inspired your blog title?
- What kind of camera would you buy?
- Name your top 3 designers, artist?
- Who inspires you?
- Which would you prefer being an entrepreneur, an employee or retirement?
- What is your most embarrassing fashion moment?
- Have you ever taken an art/crafting or fashion class?
- Have you ever been the teacher of an art/crafting or fashion class?
- Do you prefer odd or even?
- If you were hosting your dream party would it be an intimate affair or a gala event?
Congratulations to all my Liebster Award nominees!! Make sure to follow up at their blogs and see their answers to my questions.
A side note: I sincerely hope that my nominees choose to participate. Another alternative is to create a post with an honorable mention. Feel free to copy the Honorary Liebster icon pictured here to use on your websites.